Diced Silicon Wafers
We can dice any diameter wafer into the dimension you need. Wafer thickness is not a problem.
UniversityWafer, Inc. and our partners provide researchers with creative silicon wafer and other substrate dicing solutions. Using precision diamond saws we can cut a variety of hard brittle materials.
Our Services Include.
Small quantity wafer dicing at an affordable price. Larger volumes are available on request.
Dicing Strengths Include:
- Make cuts as small as 25 microns wide
- Perform trenching with variations in depth to < 5 microns over a 4" cut
- Process wafers as thin as 50 microns
- Cut wafers as thick as 10 mm
- Handle wafers as large as 300 mm
- Cut die as small as 100 microns square
- Place cuts inside of cuts to create a custom trench profile
- Make standard entry cuts and plunge cuts
- Ship in waffle packs, gel packs and on tape & ring
Below are just a few dicing applications that clients have used us for.
- Micromachining of 75 micron thick Nitinol wire. The wire was cut into 1.8 mm lengths and 3 notches were cut into the sides of the piece. The notches were 38 microns deep and 175 microns wide with 2 notches placed on the opposite side from the third.
- Micromachining of various sizes of Nitinol springs and tubes.
- Cutting of 750 micron diameter glass and ceramic tubes.
- Cutting of custom sized microscope slides with delicate surface processing.
- Sawing of 1/4" thick quartz photomask.
- Sawing Silicon/Pyrex material with a special blade to provide an 8 degree sidewall.
- Providing "near Polished" cuts to eliminate a polishing step for the end customer.
- Delivering cut silicon pieces on non-tack tape to facilitate an automatic pick and place process.
- Dicing of wafers with very fragile bumps.
- Cutting and picking of die pieces from a 50 micron thick wafer.
- Placing high aspect ratio cuts in Ferrite toroids. (50 microns wide and 3.25 mm deep).
- Precision routing of very small printed circuit boards from panels.